Founded in 1969, MBAF is ranked nationally as a Top 40 accounting and advisory firm and has been named one of the Best of the Best firms in the country by INSIDE Public Accounting for many years running. And in 2017 and 2018, MBAF ranked as a Best Place to Work and #8 Largest Hispanic-Owned Business by the South Florida Business Journal and an Accounting Today Best Accounting Firm to Work. Because we are committed to creating an engaging and supportive workplace for our employees, we are especially honored to hold these titles.
More than 600 highly qualified employees serve domestic and international clients across a broad range of industries and practices from our offices across the country. We offer a complete portfolio of services including assurance, tax and accounting, advisory, private client wealth, and technology consulting. We are known for our expertise, reputation, hands-on service to our clients, and commitment to our community.
The Operations Supervisor is an integral part of MBAF’s Fort Lauderdale office and interacts with internal and external clients at all levels. He/she creates and maintains an optimum work environment, ensures high levels of organizational effectiveness, streamlines administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision, task delegation and safety. This role also collaborates closely with Human Resources (including Recruiting and Learning & Development) to continuously cultivate the best candidate and employee experiences possible from hire to retire.
- Oversees front desk personnel
- Acts as main contact for administrative and office concerns and works closely with the Fort Lauderdale Managing Partner and management team to resolve issues impacting employee satisfaction
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards, processes and procedures; measures results against standards; and makes necessary adjustments
- Assigns and monitors administrative functions
- Manages catering vendors
- Plans and oversees in-house or off-site activities and events, like parties, celebrations and team building – and communicates all events to staff no less that quarterly
- Arranges internal office moves and assures cubicles and offices are set up/cleared timely
- Works with office manager to train, supervise, and manage performance of office staff and delegate assignments to ensure maximum productivity
- Manages the on-site candidate experience during the interview process (with Recruiting)
- Manages the Fort Lauderdale welcome experience for new hires (with Learning & Development (L&D))
- Collaborates with L&D to ensure optimum on-boarding and new hire training
- Works closely with L&D to identify ongoing learning opportunities for administrative staff
- Partners with Human Resources during semi-annual review process to ensure the Fort Lauderdale office complies with timing and completion of self-assessments, downward evaluations and mid-year and year-end evaluation discussions/meetings for all levels from administrative staff to director level
- Steps in, when needed, and/or as assigned by office manager to ensure the smooth day-to-day operations of the Fort Lauderdale office
- Works with office manager to ensure orderliness and efficiency of the physical office space and ensures it is appropriately maintained and presentable (conference rooms, shared spaces, cubicles, etc.)
- Disseminates productivity dashboard info to team members on schedule
- Manages Billing and Collections activity for the office and specific individuals – i.e. goals, monthly billing, and monthly statements
- Helps with XCM and Scheduler usage – i.e. deadline reports, tasks remaining, budgeted hours and related analysis
- Provides back up to office manager for on-site training and CPE arrangements in collaboration with L&D
- Demonstrates initiative and good judgement to act independently where appropriate
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum of Associate’s degree (AA) preferred, but not required
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in office administration in lieu of AA
- Minimum of five (5) years managing administrative staff in a professional services environment
- Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Capacity to prioritize and delegate tasks
The perks of being an MBAF employee go far beyond the basics of a typical accounting firm. MBAF’s staff can enjoy flexible work schedules, internal clubs like The Women of MBAF, participating in company sports like yoga or flag football, volunteering for non-profit initiatives, and attending training programs through MBAF University. Our traditional benefits include healthcare coverage, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401K plan, paid transportation and parking (depending on the office), vacation time of about 3 weeks not including holidays.
“At MBAF, we strive to create a supportive and enjoyable work environment for our employees because we understand that they are our greatest strength,” said Tony Argiz, CEO and Chairman of MBAF.